Wednesday, May 14, 2008

RAIN!!

Yippee - we got a lot of rain in the wee hours of the morning. Now, it's miserably humid but I am not complaining because we so desperately needed that rain.

ALL FOUR of the Barn Banty's guinea eggs hatched!


This was the view from where I was in the barn this morning at 6am feeding #14. The other kids didn't think they should have to wait for their bottles. It was pouring down rain and it sounded really loud on the tin roof. As usual, we got some hail. Our house roof has a lot of hail damage already and the insurance company gave us a little money to replace it. (Like about 1/3 of what we will need!)


Yesterday and today I have been in total
MATH MISERY.
When I was about 9 years old I got left behind in math (this was before we were homeschooled) by the rest of the class and I have never recovered from the trauma of it all. (hee hee) This was in New Guinea where the teacher had a classroom full of kids of all ages, so I don't really blame her.

So, I have been trying to teach fractions and though I can understand it, I can't seem to teach it very well. You know you are desperate when you break out the Teacher's Manual AND the video! :>)

No comments: