Friday, June 19, 2009

Ah, the lovely aroma of SKUNK.

There has been a "critter" digging up the garden, but not eating the plants. Recently, it started digging into the barn, from the garden side. There was a large and growing pile of dirt and hay, some of which was starting to cover up a squash plant and some green beans.
So, I had the bright idea to set a trap right by where he was digging.... REAL SMART.
Because of it's amazing digging skills, we were really thinking it was an armadillo, but what I found in the trap this morning was a skunk!



In this picture, you can see how close the garden is to the barn. As I fed the kids this morning, I was hoping we didnt annoy Mr. Skunk too much!

This is as close as I cared to get to the Sleeping Skunk.

He was taking a nice nap, and Kris shot him right in the head.
Got him on the first shot. He never woke up from his nap.
So, in my limted experience, the best time to shoot a skunk is when he is napping.
It did not spray at all, so there is no skunk aroma in the garden. Yee-haw!
Now to dispose of him.

No comments: