Friday, August 21, 2009

whew!

See those shoes? Zoe had them on one minute, and off the next. She couldn't remember where she'd taken them off, and I can not find them anywhere!!!!!! I had to take her to Fredericksburg barefoot!! They were a really nice pair of shoes too.


The neighbors got home today, after being gone for 8 days. Whew! What a relief. I didn't mind helping them out, but it really made it clear to me how a farm just CAN NOT be left alone!

They had hired some teeny-bopper girl to come over every other day and feed and water all the animals. They thought they had things set up so they would not run out of food or water in the meantime... Well, it didnt work out that way! I suppose it MAY have worked out that way if the girl had actually filled up the waterers, but I often found the hose left exactly the way I had left it, which means she wasnt doing the job right. Originally I was just supposed to take care of the garden over there and her little piggie over here. But, I ended up going every day and rescuing various critters from their various dilemmas, which they were darn good at getting into! The same kind of thing goes on around here on a daily basis, but I never stop to think "Wow, it's a good thing I was home!" Because.... I'm almost always home. :o)

No comments: