Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A few weeks ago I met Gabe in Lampasas to send some goats home with him.
This is Gabe and Daniel putting together a goat pen in the back his truck.



Here are a couple pictures from today.
Zoe helped me make cheese crackers! GF, of course.

Here's the recipe:
Homemade Cheese Crackers

2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
6 T. butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
1 c. rice flour
1/8 – 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
3-5 T. or so of cold water - just enough to make it hold together.
Salt, for garnish, optional
Roll into a log, then cut into wafers. If you want them thinner than that have your little helper press them down with a floury lid, or some such. :o)
Bake at 350* until they are done to your satisfaction. I think it took about 20 minutes. They were very crunchy!





This is one of our two ducklings that I hatched out in the incubator.
I had NO idea that ducklings were such a hassle to raise!
They are in the box with the chicks because I dont want to run two heat lamps.
They have this strange (to me) but normal obsession with water!
I have to change the newspapers in their box at least 3 times a day.
I started out with wood shavings, but that didnt work at all, so had to switch to the newspaper.

No comments: