Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another broken leg.


Mad Cow Strikes Again.
She stepped on this guinea and broke it's leg.

I watched her limp around for a while, and when I got closer for a better look I saw a pool of blood where she was standing. I caught her very easily, which tells you how bad she was hurting! Her leg was very obviously broken, so I brought her in and bandaged it then splinted it. Erinn was a big help - she held her while I worked on her, even though she was bleeding all over everything. I kept her in a crate in the kitchen overnight (the guinea, not Erinn), then put her in the horse trailer with food and water this morning. It didn't take her 4 buddies long to figure out where she was though, and they made a bunch of racket until they convinced her to fly out.


No comments: