Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Please be praying for Susan Beaird, the wife of Kris' cousin James. You can read the particulars HERE.

We have been passing a virus around for most of the month of July. Kris has actually been sick off and on since July 7. The kids seem to have each had "It" twice, Mooky has had a double ear infection, and I was ok until today. Starting to feel a little yucky, but nothing major yet. Erinn fed the kids for me, but I was able to milk and I don't have a fever so maybe I won't get the bad version of this virus. Here's a pic of Mooky one day when he was burning up with fever and fell asleep on our bed. His ear got so bad one night that the eardrum burst.




I feel sorry for Turkish because now that we are moving, he is going to live with a friend of Halcy and he will be an inside cat again. I'm sure he will adjust back to that quite quickly, but he LOVES his goats.
They tolerate him and in return he lavishes them with affection and attention. Every morning when I take them down to the back pasture he runs ahead of us and flops down on his side right in the pathway. They pretty much trample him as they go down the path and he is so appreciative of that attention. LOL He rarely even gets up but occasionally makes a flying leap over the back of one of them if they step on him just right. Then I get them through the gate and he greets each one with a rub and purrrrrrrrrrr. He drinks out of their water bowl and hangs out with them until it gets too hot. Then he goes off to his hiding place that I can't find. Wherever it is it must be nice and cool because he won't come out again until evening when it's milking time. (Maybe that's how long it takes to recover from being trampled by a herd of goats?)

No comments: