Our latest experiment; the results of which won't be available for 3 weeks when the soap is finally cured.
Goat on the left. Cow on the right.
And yes, I know it was really strange to make cow milk soap and pour it into a mold with goats on it! Mooky ever so kindly pointed that out to me. :o)
We made a small batch of goat milk soap and a small batch of cow milk soap. The cow milk curdled when I mixed the lye into the milk, but when I mixed it into the oils with the stick blender it smoothed back out. Also, the cow milk batch has a thin filmy white coat of powdery stuff which appeared before I even took the soap out of the mold.
The batch with the goat milk turned out perfectly of course, because after all, goat milk is perfect in every way. :o)
In this close up you can see the white film better, as well as the unfortunate spot where a little bit of green soap landed when we were pouring. The kids got a good laugh out of that. They thought I did it on purpose. AS IF!