Saturday, February 28, 2009

I need a recipe PLEASE!

Now that I have generously shared my CURE ALL SALVE recipe with you, will someone PLEASE have mercy on me and share your REALLY TRULY NATURAL stick deodorant recipe with me!
I have been googling until I am cross eyed and keep coming up with recipes like the following one which claims to be so good for you because there is no aluminum in it!

(My guys stubbornly insist that gold old baking soda or a salt rock will not do the job. They WANT a deodorant stick because that is what they are used to! Thanks though, for all the ideas that have come by email! I appreciate your thoughtfulness! And I know that it IS possible to make such a thing because someone once mailed me a sample size and it was WONDERFUL but it was a secret recipe and I dasn't ask for it.)

Contains: Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Sterate, Vegetable Protein, PEG-200/Hydrogenated Caster Oil, Isostereth-2, Salicylic Acid, Steareth-100, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Aloe Barbandensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, EDTA, Fragrance, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Wait a minute! Propylene Glycol is a sweet colorless, viscous, hygroscopic liquid used as an antifreeze and in brake fluid and also as a humectant in cosmetics and personal care although it can be absorbed through the skin with harmful effects).

I did try one recipe that had nothing but cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, and beeswax, but it was sticky and the guys wouldn't use it. I've found some similar recipes with cornstarch and baking soda added to combat that sticky feeling, but would like to use a tried-and-true-really-natural-not-just-slightly-less-bad-for-you-deodorant-recipe!

Here's one, but does it work? Is it sticky?

Ingredients: Olive oil, cocoa butter, carnauba wax, sodium bicarbonate, modified cornstarch, tea tree oil and your choice of scents.

No comments: