Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Disbudding


Almond and Moonshine, ready to be disbudded.
You can easily see the tips of Moonshine's horns poking through his hair already, so I actually waited a bit too long.



Moonshine, after being disbudded.


Out of all the jobs on the farm, this is the one I hate the most. The kid cries and screams, and the smoke smell is dreadful. This is the only job that Erinn doesn't like to help me with. Neither do Kris and Mooky, for that matter. Erinn likes to help with pretty much everything else though!

I guess if I had to shoot the animals we butcher, that would be my worst job, but thankfully I don't have to do that.

Kris has been sick sick sick since Saturday afternoon. He stayed at the cabin until Sunday night while his dad hunted. If his dad had gotten a deer, he would have helped him clean it, but he didn't get one so Kris came home Sunday night. He has been in bed ever since then! It's either food poisoning or a nasty stomach virus. This morning when he got up he felt better but that only lasted until he ate breakfast. We had scheduled a doctor's appointment for him this morning, but he had me call and cancel it when he got up and felt much improved. Things have gone down hill since then, so I may have to call them back and reschedule. :o(

Mooky has been feeling better and better as the week has gone on. As far as I can tell, the effects of the hush puppy he ate only lasted 3 days. He's been feeling pretty good (staying off sugar), and spending lots of time outside. He came in yesterday and said "I stayed out there so long and felt so good that I temporarily forgot about feeling bad all the time!" But, this morning Kris felt well enough to request brownies, so I made the gluten free recipe. He says "It's hard to believe these are gluten free, they're so good!" And after eating a brownie Mooky started feeling really bad. It HAS to be the sugar, as much as he tries to convince me that it must be something else.

No comments: